IAS EXAM 2019: Notification, Age Limits, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Application Procedure & Fees structure, Number of vacancies. The Candidates who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) has released the official calendar for IAS Exam 2019. UPSC has released the recruitment in IAS 2019 on Dec 16, 2018, on its official website.
The notification for IAS exam 2019 will be available on 19th Feb 2019 on its official website.
Candidates who are willing to make their career in UPSC as an IAS Officer must read this article.
The aspirants of UPSC IAS 2019 can find all details regarding the UPSC IAS Notification 2019 below:
- Application Form
- Number of vacancies
- Fees structure
- Exam Dates
- IAS Syllabus
- Admit card
- Exam Pattern
About UPSC Civil Services Examination 2019
The Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in India to recruit Officers in the Indian Administrative Services, Indian Foreign Services, Indian Police Services
The UPSC Civil Services Examination is considered to be one of the toughest exam in the world and Millions of Candidates appear every year in the Prelim Examination of the UPSC IAS Exam.
Only a handful of candidates make it to the final step and are recruited on the top positions in the public sector departments of the country and abroad.
UPSC IAS 2019 Application Form: Important Dates
The application procedure for UPSC IAS Exam 2019 will start from 19th Feb 2019. The desiring Students can apply for the examination from the official website of UPSC.
|Exam Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Exam Place||All India|
|Application Start Date||19th FEB 2019|
|Application mode||Online & Offline|
|Preliminary Exam||02 June, 2019|
|Mains Exam||20 September, 2019|
UPSC IAS 2019 Number of vacancies/Recruitment
Earlier the number of IAS Officer recruited varied but from 2012 the Gov decided to recruit 180 officer for IAS every year. Although the number of recruited IAS officer is not fixed.
UPSC IAS 2019 Application Process: How to Fill Online Form
The Application Form of UPSC Civil Services 2019 can now be filled from the official website of UPSC. Before filing the UPSC Civil Services form, get a recent passport size photo and signature scanned.
Keep all the details of you education qualification and the subjects you are willing to appear for in the optional subject of the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
Desiring students can fill the application form by themselves. To apply online for UPSC IAS Exam 2019, go through following steps:
- Step 1: Go to the following official website
- Step 2: Go to the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION (CSE) Section.
- Step 3: Click on “APPLY” button to start your Application process
- Step 4: Now fill all the required personal details correctly (like Applicant name
,fathername, mother name, Educational qualifications etc.)
- Step 5: upload your latest photo with signature
- Step 6: Check once your preview then
clickon “SUBMIT” button to complete your registration.
UPSC IAS Application Fees Structure
The Application Fees structure of UPSC IAS Exam 2019 is variable in amount to different cast categories and applying modes. The amounts are given below:
|Categories||Application Mode||Fees amount|
NOTE: All female candidates, the candidates belonging to SC/ST and the handicapped candidates are not required to pay any application fee.
UPSC IAS 2019
Eligibilty Criteria: Nationality, Age Limit, No. of Attempts
The aspirants who are willing to apply for UPSC IAS Exam 2019 must be aware to the eligibility criteria required for the IAS Exam 2019.
(b) Age limit
(c) Educational qualification
(d) Number of attempts
Candidates with the following nationalities only can apply for UPSC IAS 2019:
- A citizen of India or
- A citizen of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan
- Must be Tibetan refugee who has migrated to India to settle before a person of origin of India migrated from Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malawi, Kenya, Tanazia, Vietnam, Zaire, Zambia, Uganda, Ethiopia with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC has decided different Age limits for different cast categories. Respective age details are as follows:
|Category||Min. Age||Max. Age|
The candidates must have a graduation degree from a Gov. recognized university. The students who are pursuing graduation or waiting for final results can also apply. But the result should be declared before filling the application for mains exam.
Number of Attempts in UPSC Civil Services
|Category||No. of Attempts|
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam syllabus includes:
- Indian History and Art and culture(modern to culture
- Indian polity
- Indian Economy (Basic concept
,budget andEconomic survey)
- Geography (Indian geography, world geography, Climatology, oceanography)
- Current Affairs
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam syllabus includes:
- General Studies Paper 1 syllabus includes Indian society, Geography, World history, and India after Independence
- General Studies Paper 2 syllabus includes Indian polity, gov. policies, social issues, International relations etc.
- General Studies Paper 3 syllabus includes Indian Economy, Economic development, Environment science and technology, Science and technology, International security, Agriculture etc.
- General Studies Paper 4 syllabus includes ethics aptitude integrity etc.
UPSC IAS 2019 Exam Pattern
The written exam consists of two stages i.e. Priliminary and Main examination.
(1) The Preliminary exam will be conducted in two phases:
(a) General studies paper (200 marks) (will be counted in merit)
(b) CSAT paper (only qualifying in nature, 33% marks required)
(2) The Mains exam will conduct in total 9 papers:
(a) one language paper
(b) one compulsory English paper
(c) one essay paper
(d) Four GS paper (GS-1 to GS-2)
(e) Two optional papers 1 & 2 (same subject)
UPSC IAS Admit Card Download
The Admit Card will be available on the official website of UPSC before 15 days of the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
How to download Admit card Online:
- Go to official Admit Card link
- Enter your DOB and Registration number
- Take your Admit card print to get
entryin Examination Hall
UPSC IAS 2019 Result/Cut off
The result of UPSC IAS examination will be available online in PDF format. Cut off list of UPSC IAS is based on different castes categories.
The Cut off list of previous year 2018 is given below:
|Category||Preliminary exam||Main Exam||Final|
UPSC IAS Salary Package
Salary of an IAS officer is as follows:
|Grade||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Junior or Lower Time Scale||15600-39100||5400|
|Senior Time Scale||15600-39100||5400|
UPSC IAS 2019 Preparation Tips for Beginners:
To clear the UPSC IAS Exam 2019 you need to pay all your attention to its level of questions asked in previous year papers of respective syllabus and Exam patterns.
Here are few essential and most effective Tips which can help you to crack UPSC IAS Exam 2019:
(1) Prefer the most recommended Books:
Here introducing you to most recommended books by IAS Toppers to clear preliminary and mains Examination.
Books for preliminary exam:
- Indian polity for Civil Services Examinations by Laxmikanth (polity)
- Indian art & culture by Nitin Singhaniya
- Oxford School Atlas by Oxford publishers
- Economic Survey by ministry of finance
Books for UPSC IAS Mains Exam 2019:
- India Since independence by Bipin Chandra..
- Challenges to internal security of india..
- Ethics, integrity and Aptitude by Karthikeya
(2) Read newspapers and magazines:
To update yourself with current Affairs & information include daily Newspapers and Magazines in your daily routine.
(3) Read once & Revise twice in a day:-
Take maximum two or three topics daily of each subject to read and revise them at least three or four times in a day.
(4) Make short notes to revise easily:
Usually, there is a long description on any topic given in books. You need to make short notes by understanding the matter inside a topic. By making short notes you can revise quickly & easily.
(5) Practice numerical based questions:
As we all know Daily practicing makes us more influent and easily.it will also help you to remember things. And it is most needed in numerical based questions. More you will practice numericals more you’ll be influent in your work.
(6) Discuss issues with your friends & nears:
Whatever new issues or topics you learn new of your syllabus or related current affairs prefer to discuss it with your friends or nears.
(7) Avoid extra unnecessary material:
Students usually worried about too much syllabus to learn within less time duration. You should follow the tragedy of avoiding extra unnecessary material to prepare yourself early.
(8) Take a look on previous years Exam question papers:
Before starting your preparation first collect previous year’s exam papers. Analyse the question paper pattern and questions asked of different subjects.
(9) Be Habitual of writing ‘To the point’ answers:
The most important thing about Examinations is writing answers. The answer writing manner plays a vital role to get the good marks. The examiners are not expecting for a long and extra answer but for the “To The point” answer in your own language.
UPSC IAS Exam 2019 FAQ’s
- Can I apply Offline for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019? No, the only mode prescribed for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 is Online through the UPSC official website.
- What if I submitted more than one Application for UPSC IAS 2019? It is suggested to take care while submitting the application. If you have submitted more than one application, the last successfully submitted application will be considered. All other applications will be rejected.
- I am a female aspirant. Do I have to pay Exam Fee of UPSC Civil Services 2019? No, female candidates are exempted from paying UPSC Civil Services Exam Fee 2019.
- Do I need a certificate under reservation category? Yes, the candidates seeking reservation under category must have a certified certificate with them at the time of application.
- Can I change the exam venue of the UPSC Exam 2019?
- What is RID in UPSC IAS Exam? No request of venue change will be entertained. hence, it is suggested to the candidates to take care of the venue while filing up the application form.
- What if I do not fill Part-II of UPSC Online Exam Form 2019? Part II of Application form is for the candidates who need to pay fee for the Application. If you belong to such category, then not filling the PART II of the form will result in the rejection of the Application.
- Is there negative marking at Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination? Yes, in Prelims there is a negative marking of one-third (0.33) marks.
- Which is the language / medium of Civil Services question papers? The medium of question papers id bilingual ie English and Hindi