Indian Airforce has released the notification and exam dates for AFCAT 2019. Those candidates who are looking forward to joining Indian Airforce as an officer has second chance in the name of AFCAT 2019 besides CDS 2019. AFCAT Exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice a year.
AFCAT 1 2019 will take place in February 2019 and AFCAT 2 2019 will take place in October 2019. Those who want to Apply for Indian Airforce 2019 must check eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, age limit, and others.
Here, you will find all the important details regarding AFCAT (I and II) 2019. Read till the end to Apply for AFCAT 2019 Online.
AFCAT 01/2019 Results Announced. Click Here to Check Now
In This Article
- About AFCAT 2019
- Exam Dates
- How to Apply
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Fee Details
- AFCAT 2019 Age Limit
- Marking Scheme and Exam Pattern
- Admit Cards
- AFCAT 01/2019 Results
Indian Airforce recruit officers in all Branches including Flying, Technical and Non-Technical every year. This is a very good opportunity for Indian graduates to join Indian Airforce as a pilot in 2019.
The exam dates are out for the upcoming AFCAT 2019 and there is very less time remaining for the exam but if you are still doubtful about the AFCAT 01/2019 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Dates for Exam, then read this article.
Also, if you want to know the eligibility criteria and age limit of AFCAT 02/2019, then you can read all the details regarding AFCAT 02/2019 here.
AFCAT 01/2019 and AFCAT 02/2019 Exam Dates
- Exam Date of AFCAT 01/2019: 16 and 17 February 2019
- Exam Date of AFCAT 02/2019: October 2019
|Events||AFCAT I 2019||AFCAT II 2019|
|Exam Notification 2018||01 December 2018||June 2018|
|Online Application form date||01 December 2018||June 2018|
|Application Form Last date for receiving||30 December 2018||July 2018|
|Admit Card Available||20 January 2019||August 2018|
|Exam Date||16, 17 February 2019||September 2018|
|Exam Result||6 March 2019||October 2019|
About AFCAT 2019
AFCAT 2019 is out for the Recruitment of Officers in Indian Airforce. AFCAT 2019 is a two-tier exam which consists of a written examination followed by an SSB Interview. You can apply for the following branches of Indian Airforce:
|Ground Duty (Technical)|
|Ground Duty (Non-technical)|
|NCC Special Entry||Flying|
Note: There is no intake for meteorology & Education branches for AFCAT 01/2019. The Candidates who qualify the written examination has to report on SSB Venues of Airforce. The candidates who clear the SSB Interview are checked for Medicals at the prescribed Medical Hospitals.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2019
Aspirants for IAF are required to apply online by using the link https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in, or https://afcat.cdac.in.
See here: Step by Step Details to Apply for AFCAT Application Form 2019
NOTE: AADHAR Card is mandatory for Online Registration of AFCAT 2019.
AFCAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AFCAT 2019, Candidates must check their eligibility requirements to be eligible for AFCAT 2019. Candidates failing to meet the given criteria will be disqualified. So, it is a must for candidates to ensure the criteria before applying.
- Age Limit
- Physical and Medical Standards
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Education Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must ensure that they are eligible for AFCAT 2019.
- Flying Branch: Candidates should have passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and
- Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level with
- a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognised University OR
- Cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches:
- Administration & Logistics: Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
- Cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts: B.Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- MBA/ MCA or MA/ MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks and 60% marks in graduation
- For integrated courses (single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry), the minimum duration must be as per prevailing UGC guidelines with a minimum of 50% marks.
- NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch):
- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 01 Jan 17 is mandatory.
- Candidates should have passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2.
- Graduates with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geo physics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks
- Maths and Physics at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each.
Note: Candidates who are studying in the final year/ semester Degree course and are yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application.
Important: Candidates who failed in CPSS/PABT earlier, is not eligible for Flying Branch.
Age Limit for AFCAT 2019:
- For Flying Branch and NCC Entry: 20-24 Years on January 1 2020 (Between 02 Januray 1996 to 01 January 2000).
- Commercial Pilot License Holders- 20-26 years on Jan 1, 2020.
- For Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): 20-26 Years on 01 Jan, 2020 (Between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000).
Marital Status and Gender:
- Eligible Males and Females can apply for AFCAT 02/2019
- Candidates below 25 years of age should be Unmarried.
Physical and Medical Standards:
- Candidates must be physically fit and free from any disease as listed in the Medical Criteria for AFCAT 2019.
- Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru.
- The candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board and procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within one day of completion of Appeal Medical Board.
AFCAT 2019 Exam Fee Details:
Before 2018, there was no exam fee for AFCAT. But, AFCAT Examination 2019 will be in Online Mode where candidates will have to attempt the AFCAT Objective Question Paper 2019 Online.
- After filing up the AFCAT 2019 Application Form, candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 250/ (for AFCAT Entry only). The Fee will be paid to Indian Airforce Online only.
- The examination fee can be paid using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
AFCAT 01/2019 exam will be conducted on 16 and 17 February 2019. Candidates who have submitted the form successfully will be called for the AFCAT Examination at the mentioned AFCAT Centres.
All candidates of Ground Duty Technical Branch will appear for AFCAT as well as EKT exam at the center. AFCAT Syllabus 2019 consists of General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.
The exam is conducted for 2 hours and the number of questions asked are 100. The AFCAT exam carries 300 marks in total and there is also a negative marking of 1/3.
The Exam pattern and Marking Scheme for AFCAT 01/2019 is listed below:
|Exam||Subject||Duration||No. of Questions||M. Marks|
|AFCAT||GK, English, Maths, Reasoning, Military Aptitude Test||02 Hours||100||300|
|EKT||Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science and Mechanical||45 min||50||150|
Marks and Negative Marking
- 3 marks for every correct answer
- 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer
- no marks for unattempted answers
You can Practice AFCAT 2019 Sample Papers Online Here.
AFCAT Admit Card 2019
AFCAT 01/2019 Admit cards will be available form 01 February 2019 to be downloaded. Candidates must keep in mind that:
- E-Admit Card for AFCAT 2019 will be available Online and will be sent to registered email ids also.
- Candidates must have their Username and Password to download admit card from the website.
- No Admit Cards will be sent by post.
Special Instructions for Candidate attending AFCAT 01/2019 Exam:
- Must carry AFCAT Admit Card (Color/Grayscale)
- must carry Aadhar Card
- 2 Passpost size photograph
- a ball point pen (blue/black)
AFCAT 01/2019 Answer Key
AFCAT 2019 answer key will be available on our website on 18th February 2019. Through the AFCAT 01/2019 Answer key 2019, you can calculate the marks for your exam and can ensure your selection.
The candidates who attempt a good number of questions can start preparing for AFCAT SSB Interview.
AFCAT Results 2019
AFCAT 01/2019 are available on the official website. The results for AFCAT 01/2019 has already been declared on 6th March 2019.
Here the Step by Step Process to Check your AFCAT 01/2019 Results Online:
- Step 1: Visit the official AFCAT website: afcat.cdac.in
- Step 2: From the Top Bar, go to Candidate Login Button.
- Step 3: Choose AFCAT 01/2019 from the Candidate Login Button.
- Step 4: A new window will open. Input your Registration and Password here.
- Step 5: After login, choose the result option on the left bar.
- Step 6: Your Result will be shown with the next instructions.
Next Step: The Candidates who get selected in the AFCAT Written Exam get called for SSB Interview at the allotted AFSB Centres. Now, the candidates get the chance to select the SSB Centres and the SSB interview dates themselves.
Check here: How to Select Dates and AFSB Centres Online