Indian Army gives you various glorious opportunities to join Indian Armed Forces at different levels. Indian Army has more than 12 lakh active personnel working for the country. Every year 30-35 lakh candidates appear for joining the Indian Army at various posts and corps. Candidates basically joins Indian Army as a Soldier or as an Officer.
Indian Army Recruitment as a Soldier is also classified in various posts on the basis of education qualification. One such post is to join Indian Army as a Clerk, generally for the 10+2 or Intermediate Passed Candidates. In this article, we have been covered up all the Eligibility Criteria like Physical, Medical, Educational etc.
Recommended: Army Soldier Clerk Model Papers PDF
Army Soldier Clerk Eligibility Criteria
To join Indian Army Clerk there are some Eligibility Criteria which are just like the other trades of Indian Army. Without fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria you will be not recruited in the Indian Army. The Following Criteria Standard are:
|Army Soldier Clerk Eligibility Criteria|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms)||10+2/Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with min 60% marks in aggregate and min 50% in each subject. Securing 50% in English and Maths/Accounts/Book keeping in Class 12th is mandatory.||17 ½ – 23 Yrs|
Must See: Army Soldier Clerk Question Paper
Age Limit for Army Soldier Clerk
The age limit for joining Army Soldier Clerk should be between 17.5 years to 23 years as per the documents (10th class mark sheet).
- Minimum Age 17.5 year
- Maximum Age 23 year
Educational Qualification for Army Soldier Clerk
- The Applying candidates must be 12th or Intermediate passed in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science).
- Candidate should have secured 40% marks in each subject and 50% in aggregate in Class XII.
- Candidate should have studied English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class XII or Class X.
- Candidate should have secured minimum 40% marks in each of these subjects, whether in Class XII or Class X.
- If a candidate is a graduate (any field)with Maths / Account / Book Keeping and English (even elective) as one of the subjects, the stipulation of scoring 40% marks in Maths / English in Class XII or Class X and scoring 50% marks in aggregate in Class XII is waived off.
- If a candidate is a graduate but not having English and Maths / Accounts /Book Keeping at the graduate level, he should have scored minimum 40% marks in English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping at least once in Class XII or Class X.
Tip: The Clerk Educational Qualification Eligibility is a bit tricky to understand. If any doubts will come in your mind feel free to ask us.
Army Soldier Clerk Height Required
|Region wise Height for Soldier Clerk||Height Criteria for Army Soldier Clerk||Chest Measurement for Soldier Clerk|
|Western Himalayan Region (J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road of Mukerian Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh, Garhwal and Kumaon)||162cm||77cm|
|Eastern Himalayan Region (Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts).||160cm||77cm|
|Western Plains Region (Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Western UP (Meerut and Agra Divisions)||162cm||77cm|
|Eastern Plains Region (Eastern UP, Bihar, West Bengal and Orissa)||162cm||77cm|
|Central Region (Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu)||162cm||77cm|
|Southern Region (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa and Pondicherry)||162cm||77cm|
Relaxation in Physical Standards Army Soldier Clerk
|Ser. No||Physical Standards||Height (Cms)||Chest (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)|
|(a)||Sons of Servicemen(SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows(SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|(b)||Adopted son / son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen||2||1||2|
|(c)||Women Military Police|
(i) Daughter of Servicemen (DOS), Daughter of Ex-Servicemen (DOEX), Daughter of War Widow (DOWW), Daughter of Widow of Ex-Servicemen (DOW)
(ii) Adopted daughter/daughter-in-law of a war widow, if she has no daughter including a legally adopted daughter of serving soldier/ Ex-Servicemen
(iii) Widows of Def personnel who have died in harness
|(d)||Outstanding Sportsmen (National / State level having secured 1st / 2nd Position in last two years)||2||3||5|
|(e)||For candidates belonging to chronically poor areas and those desirous of joining overage categories who are from families engaged in traditional profession. This relaxation may be given at the discretion of DDG Recruiting (States) or Centre Commandants.||Nil||Nil||2|
Note: An eligible candidate can be granted prescribed relaxations in all three measurements i.e. Height, Chest and Weight. However, he cannot claim dispensations of more than one category i.e. parental and sportsmen.
Also See: Army Soldier Clerk Physical
Army Soldier Clerk Physical Test Criteria
As part of the screening process, candidates will be tested in Physical Fitness Tests (PFT). Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) is mandatory and will be carried out for all categories during the screening process of recruitment to assess the candidate’s physical ability and courage. The following tests will be concluded as part ofPhysical Fitness Tests (PFT) :
- 1.6 km run for Endurance.
- Pull Ups on Beam (Under Grip) for Strength.
- 9 feet Ditch for Courage.
- Zig-Zag Balance for Agility.
Marking System System of awarding marks for various categories are as under:
|Category||1.6 KM Run||Pull Ups||Zig-Zag Balance||9 Feet Ditch|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical / Technical / Nursing Assistant||Required to Qualify||Required to Qualify#||Required to Qualify||Required to Qualify|
Provisions for Extra Time for 1.6 Km Run for Candidates from Hilly Terrain Areas
Extra Timings are provided for 1.6km run for the Candidates from Hilly areas as under:
- Upto 5000 feet – As mentioned above.
- Between 5000 feet to 9000 feet – Additional 30 secs extra given to each group.
- Between 9000 feet to 12000 feet – Additional 120 secs extra given to each group.
Pull Ups on Beam (Under Grip)
No marks are provided to the Soldier Clerk Candidates for the pull ups Test as they just need to qualify the exam. Min 6 Pull Ups are required to be done for the candidate to pass.
Army Soldier Clerk Medical Criteria
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
For You: Army Soldier Clerk Exam Result
Army Soldier Clerk Exam Pattern
|Indian Army Clerk Exam Pattern 2021 is as follows|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Paper 1||Total marks||100|
|Subject||GK, Science, Maths, Computer Science|
|Paper 2||Total marks||100|
|Full Syllabus||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here|
Indian Army Soldier Clerk Exam Extra Information:
- You will get plenty of time for the written exam after passing the medical test. The written exam is held after 4 to 6 weeks of medical Test.
- The paper will be in two parts and will be of total 200 marks. 60 Minutes or 1 hour of time will be given to complete the Exam.
- You will need 32 marks in each and total 80 or more than 80 marks to qualify the exam. But these marks are not always enough to appear in the merit list. so, it’s good to attain maximum marks in written Exam.
Trending: Soldier Clerk Science Online Test