Indian Army has always been a future attraction of youngster. Some youngster joins the army for their passion for serving the nation and some join as a government job, which offers a good salary and many other facilities to them.
To join Indian Army there are multiple trades that you can apply. Clerk and SKT (Store Keeper Technical) is one of the famous and Interesting trades for the youngster.
Clerk post needs the greater qualification than GD (General Duty) and Tradesman. If you talk about the written examination it is also much challenging than GD and Tradesman exams.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Clerk? This question arrives in our mind when someone differentiates the Indian Army GD and Clerk post.
In this article, we have been covered up all the Eligibility Criteria like Physical, Medical, Educational etc.
Indian Army Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process for Clerk
To join Indian Army Clerk there are some Eligibility Criteria which are just like the other trades of Indian Army. Without fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria you will be not recruited in the Indian Army. The Following Criteria Standard are:
The Candidate should be 17.5 to 23 year old as per the original document (10th class mark sheet).
- Minimum Age 17.5 year.
- Maximum Age 23 year.
- The Applying candidates must be 12th or Intermediate passed in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science).
- Candidate should have secured 40% marks in each subject and 50% in aggregate in Class XII.
- Candidate should have studied English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class XII or Class X.
- Candidate should have secured minimum 40% marks in each of these subjects, whether in Class XII or Class X.
- If a candidate is a graduate (any field)with Maths / Account / Book Keeping and English (even elective) as one of the subjects, the stipulation of scoring 40% marks in Maths / English in Class XII or Class X and scoring 50% marks in aggregate in Class XII is waived off.
- If a candidate is a graduate but not having English and Maths / Accounts /Book Keeping at the graduate level, he should have scored minimum 40% marks in English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping at least once in Class XII or Class X.
Tip: The Clerk Educational Qualification Eligibility is a bit tricky to understand. If any doubts will come in your mind feel free to ask us.