CBSE Board Exam 2019 are on the edge. Hope you have pushed yourself to score great marks in the Board Exams. But are your preparations fruitful? You should not only prepare but also keep in mind the CBSE Board Paper Checking rules for Teachers and How CBSE Board Papers 2019 are checked.
In this article, we are going to know about how strict or easy is the CBSE Evaluation process or CBSE Papers checking rules 2019 for Class 10th and Class 12th. Board Exam answer sheets are sent for checking all over India and teachers check these copies without knowing whose copy are they checking.
What is the CBSE Evaluation Process 2019?
One of my friends works in a school as a Teacher. After the CBSE Board Exams, he gets pile of Answer Sheet from somewhere in the country and his duty is to check these answer sheets and allot marks to the students. This is the Board Copies Checking Pattern that CBSE follows right now.
After Boards, students gets a long holiday of around 2 months. This is kind of joy after a long exam period, right? In my after board holidays, I used to wake up late and play all day with my friends. What are you going to do after Boards? You can answer in comments.
But, it’s fun for you only. It is the time when CBSE Teachers from all over the country get to work. Your Answer sheets are sent to unknown teachers for checking and they are given a time limit to check these bundles of copies. This is how CBSE Board Copies are checked.
What Pattern is followed while Checking CBSE Board Copies in 2019?
Generally, students have so many questions regarding the CBSE board evaluation process such as How strict is the evaluation process? On what basis the Examiners marks the answers? what is the most effective way to write answers? what kind of answers the examiners like the most?
There is no specified pattern for the checking of board copies. It varies from one state to another. You cannot fortell anything about the checking pattern of CBSE Papers. It mainly depends on the level of questions and the quality of answers made by students in the Board Exam.
The difficult thing that students have to think like a teacher while answering in Board Exam. It means that they don’t just have to write answers in the exam but have to write answers in a way that fetches them full marks.
In this article, we are going to clear all your doubts by answering all your questions regarding copy checking rules in CBSE Board Exams 2019.
How CBSE Evaluation Process for Class 10th and 12th Actually Works?
Every year, lakhs of students like you appear in CBSE Board Examination and these lakhs of answer sheets are checked in a very short period of time.
To achieve this, CBSE uses its Copy checking and Evaluation Method. In this method, the teachers from different schools are selected and copies from different examination halls are sent to regarded centers.
Not all the teachers gets this opportunity. Only a few teachers from government and private schools are selected to check board copies. Teachers having a post graduate degree in the related subject and having more than 10 years of teaching experience are considered eligible to be a CBSE Board Answer Sheet Checker.
Board copies are sent to to centres alloted for checking. Most probably, these are the School and Colleges. CBSE gives its Instruction manual and Marking Scheme for Answers to these teachers at the centres.
The instruction manual for checking Board Papers contains the instructions for Teachers. Based on these instructions, teachers decide the marks for steps and what to look for in a particular answer.
There is a task for every checker to check at least 40+ copies in 6-7 hours. This process takes place for two months. So, doing this task is hectic for teachers too. But, its there duty. So, is the CBSE Board Papers checking strict or lenient? Let’s find out.
CBSE Board Papers Checking Process 2019: Strict or Lenient
We always believe in the rumors we hear in our surrounding and set our mind according to those rumors. But it is not always the full truth we hear in our surrounding. An Exact and complete knowledge about things is necessary to take benefits.
Let your knowledge be complete by knowing the full story of the CBSE board Evaluation process 2019.
The CBSE board Evaluation process is not as strict as you think, because the instructions given to the examiners who check your copies are not so strict. So, you can be worry free and remove all your negative thoughts about Evaluation Pattern.
If you have written to the point answers without bluffing much, then there are chances that you will get 100% marks for every question you attempted. But, if you have just written words that only filled your answer sheet, then there is something to worry about.
Every single teacher who is appointed to check Board Papers has a task to check 40+ copies within 6-7 hours and they have to do it regularly for about 2 months. Can you imagine how much “solemnity” they will show while checking your copies.
There are chances that some candidate gets more marks than what he expected and some other candidate gets lesser marks than what he thought he will be getting. Basically, the checking is not in our hands but the answers are.
If you have written clear and quality answers with proper labeling of diagrams and stepwise solution, then teachers can never cut your marks. Even in some cases, your handwriting also matters because the teachers have to manually read your answers and if because of your handwriting some words are unreadable, then you can lose some marks there.
However, the only thing you can do is not leaving any chance to deduct or cut your marks. Every year, students just like you become Toppers and some of them get 100% marks. So, what is it that is favoured by teachers and what kind of answers do examiners like the most? Let’s see.
For You- Board Toppers Answer Sheet PDF
What kind of answers Board Examiners like the most?
When I was in school, I was pretty confident about my knowledge of Mathematics. But when I gave my Board Exams and the result came, I was surprised and ashamed by looking at the marks. I won’t tell you the marks but they were way less than what I expected.
Later I realized that I answered the questions very precisely with much elaborating the steps in between. Of course I knew tricks to shorten the steps and that took away my marks.
So, in board exams you have to be careful about what you write and how much you write. Sometimes when we write, we write according to out thinking but it might happen that the person reading our answers may not get exactly what we wanted to write.
Therefore, you have to think from the perspective of a reader and write details what the question asked for.
The importance of good preparation of the entire syllabus is well known among all. And every student
But is attempting all the questions in
The marks you get in the board exam is not only on the basis of the
You have to make it is easier for the examiners to check and evaluate your copy because lesser the hard work they have to do while marking your copy more the marks you will score. They should get the idea of the answers the first time they read it. If Examiners have to read an answer again, it is not a good sign and you may not get full marks for it.
Here are some practical facts that can help you to Write the best answers in Board Exams and get full marks:
- To read the examiner’s mind imagine yourself as an examiner and now imagine the situation you are on the duty of checking of checking board copies. You have a bundle of 40+ copies on your desk and you have to check all the copies within 6-7 hours.
- All students have written answers in long paragraphs as they have learned from books. You are facing a little trouble to read the long paragraphs and there is a shortage of time suddenly you got one copy with well-ordered answers and neat work.
- This will be the first impression on the Examiners about the copy he is going to check. So the first requirement is to “write your answers orderly and neatly.”
- The second impressive thing which can impress the examiner/checker is to facilitate them by the diagram presentation instead of writing a lot. This is so because examiners don’t want to go deep in the long paragraphs as. And also diagram can better express the matter you are willing to tell through your answers.
- This is also time abstaining for you and the checkers. So the second requirement is to “avoid extra writing and prefer drawing the diagrams”
- While checking board copies another problem the examiners face is to not find that few key points or terms that should be included in that particular answer.
- Even if you have written a full answer but the examiners didn’t find what they want to see then it can also reduce your marks. Hence facilitate the checkers by “highlighting or underlining the terms or key points” you have written in the answer.
Now you can estimate what is the examiner’s mindset at the time of checking board copies and what you can do to highlight yourself among others.
Tips to Write Answers in CBSE Board Exams 2019 CBSE 10th, 12th
After knowing that what the examiners want to see in your answer sheet at the time of Evaluation process, you are able to make a plan to make your performance best.
But you still need a proper way to execute your plan. There are some common mistakes that students do while writing answers in the board exam because of their wrong mindset.
A few effective guidelines about what you should do and what should not do are given below that can make your performance most impressive.
Do’s for Board Exam 2019
Read the below provided guidelines about what you should do while executing your plan in the exam hall or writing the answers of each question and allow yourself to follow these guidelines carefully.
- Whatever you write, make it clear to read as it can be your first impression to the checker and can influence your image accordingly.
- Divide your answers in main headings and subheadings and then include points, statistics, diagrams and also conclusion at last.
- Keep enough spaces between the two words and two distinct answers. And always try to attempt all questions even if you don’t recall the exact answer, use your own words in such case.
- Make tables and graphics representation in statistical subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, it will be of great impact and will improve the quality of your answers.
- Be sure that you have correctly numbered all the questions you attempt and provide accuracy to your work.
- Label and attach Graphs, Maps, B sheets accurately. Write your Roll Number on each of them.
Don’ts for Board Exam 2019
There are some mistakes students often do about which we stated in the above article. Now have a look at those mistakes which you should not do.
- Don’t repeat one question again and again(students often do this thinking that they can get extra mark) as it can set your negative image if the examiner finds it.
- Do not perform with the mindset that long answers can earn better marks for you. Many students think like that. Watch carefully for the marks allotted for the question. Elaborating can be done in subjects like Hindi and English but subjects like Science and Mathematics demands to-the-point answers.
- Don’t confuse the checker with your answers. Start with a little intro but come to the main point directly. If you write too much about this and that without focusing on what was asked, you may lose marks.
- Try your best to not to write answers in the active voice instead use the passive voice as it sounds more academic. Although, this is not a compulsory thing, but it can help you fetch some extra-marks in Board Exams. Don’t worry if you are in a habit of writing in active voice, at the end quality matters.
Keep in mind the points listed above. Practice while remembering these points. If you are prepared enough, then there is no need to worry about the Board Papers checking process 2019. Teachers try there best to find valuable points in the answers and give marks.
The CBSE Board Papers Evaluation Process is very lenient and it is very easy to score marks in the Board Examinations. You only have to focus on what you write and how much you write. Leave the rest on the teachers.
Practice Sample Papers and Model Papers to check you efficiency and you can also consult us in comments if you have any sort of query regarding the Board Exams 2019.