AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT- 01/2020) FOR FLYING BRANCH AND GROUND DUTY (TECHNICAL AND NON-TECHNICAL) BRANCHES/ NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR COURSES COMMENCING IN JANUARY 2021
Indian Airforce has released the notification and exam dates for AFCAT I 2020. Those candidates who are looking forward to joining Indian Airforce as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches again has this chance. Join Indian Airforce through AFCAT 2020. AFCAT Exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice a year.
- Application From Last Date: 30 Dec 2019
- Exam Date of AFCAT 01/2020: 22 Feb 2020, 23 Feb 2020
Indian Airforce recruit OFFICERS in all Branches including Flying, Technical and Non-Technical every year. This is a very good opportunity for Indian graduates to join Indian Airforce as a pilot in 2020. And if you want to ace the exam, you must read AFCAT Syllabus to crack the exam.
AFCAT 01/2020 Application Form Details
|Events||AFCAT I 2020|
|No. of Vacancies||249|
|Exam Notification||01 Dec 2019|
|Online Application Starts||01 Dec 2019|
|Application Form Last date||30 Dec 2019|
|Admit Card Available||03 Feb 2020|
|Exam Date||22 Feb, 23 Feb 2020|
|Exam Result||Available Soon|
AFCAT 2020: NUMBER OF VACANCIES
|NCC SPECIAL ENTRY||FLYING||10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC|
What is the Age Limit for AFCAT 2020?
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01 January 2021 i.e. born between 02 January 1997 to 01 January 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 January 1995 to 01 July 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 January 2021 i.e. born between 02 January 1995 to 01 January 2001 (both dates inclusive).
Important Note: The candidates should exercise due care while entering their Date of Birth. If on verification at any subsequent stage, variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, will render them disqualified.
AFCAT 2020 Online Application: How to Apply Step by Step
Aspirants for IAF are required to apply online by using the link https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in, or https://afcat.cdac.in. Thereafter, follow the given steps to fill the Afcat Online Application Form Completely,
- Click “CANDIDATE LOGIN’’ on the Home page- leads to AFCAT Sign-in.
- In the next page, applicants to click “NOT YET REGISTERED? REGISTER HERE”.
- Sign Up: Creation of Log-in ID and applicant will receive a password in his/her registered email id.
- After successful registration, sign-in with registered email id and system generated password.
- Reset Password- Log-Out (candidates must remember their login ID and password for future use during the examination process). (vi)
- Fresh Log-in.
- Selection of Entry: “AFCAT”; “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING BRANCH”.
- Click “INSTRUCTIONS”. Read Instructions carefully.
- Acknowledgement of having read and understood instructions- Check box to proceed to next stage.
- Click “APPLICATION FORM FILLING”
- Personal Information. Fill in details. Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- Qualification Details. Fill in details. Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- Course Preference. Fill in details. Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- Communication Details. Fill in details. Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- Upload Documents. Upload Photo, Signature & Thumb Impression (size of each jpg/ jpeg file to be between 10 and 50 kb). Application with inappropriate images will be considered invalid and the candidature will be rejected along with other counterfeit entries, whenever detected at any stage of the selection process.
- Exam City Selection. Select from drop-down menu
- Declaration Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- (xi) Click “MAKE PAYMENT”- Online (applicable only for AFCAT)
- Click “PAYMENT STATUS” to view whether payment is successful. If Registration Number is displayed, it implies that the payment is successful.
NOTE: AADHAR Card is mandatory for Online Registration of AFCAT 2020.
Exam Fee for AFCAT Entry 2020:
- After filing up the AFCAT 2020 Application Form, candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 250/ (for AFCAT Entry only). The Fee will be paid to Indian Airforce Online only.
- The examination fee can be paid using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
- Applicants are advised to follow the instructions/ steps given on the payment gateway, and also print/keep the transaction details for their records.
- After confirmation from bank that the payment is received, the “Payment Status” will display “Registration Number” which the candidate may note down for future correspondence.
Download OFFICIAL Notification PDF- CLICK HERE
Air-Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) Exam- AN INNER VIEW
AFCAT is a two-tier exam conducted by Indian Airforce to recruit Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. The AFCAT Online Examination consists of a written examination followed by an SSB Interview.
You can apply for the following branches of Indian Airforce:
|Ground Duty (Technical)|
|Ground Duty (Non-technical)|
|NCC Special Entry||Flying|
Note: There is no intake for meteorology & Education branches for AFCAT 01/2020. The Candidates who qualify the written examination has to report on SSB Venues of Airforce on pre-selected dates. The candidates who clear the SSB Interview are checked for Medicals at the prescribed Airforce Medical Hospitals.
AFCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AFCAT 2020, Candidates must ensure their eligibility requirements to be eligible for AFCAT 2020. Candidates failing to meet the given criteria will be disqualified. So, it is a must for candidates to ensure the criteria before applying.
- Age Limit
- Physical and Medical Standards
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Education Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must ensure that they are eligible for AFCAT 2020.
- Flying Branch: Candidates should have passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and
- Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level with
- a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognised University OR
- Cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches:
- Administration & Logistics: Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
- Cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts: B.Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- MBA/ MCA or MA/ MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks and 60% marks in graduation
- For integrated courses (single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry), the minimum duration must be as per prevailing UGC guidelines with a minimum of 50% marks.
- NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch):
- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 01 Jan 17 is mandatory.
- Candidates should have passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2.
- Graduates with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geo physics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks
- Maths and Physics at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each.
Note: Candidates who are studying in the final year/ semester Degree course and are yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application.
Important: Candidates who failed in CPSS/PABT earlier, is not eligible for Flying Branch.
Marital Status and Gender:
- Eligible Males and Females can apply for AFCAT 02/2020
- Candidates below 25 years of age should be Unmarried
Physical and Medical Standards:
- Candidates must be physically fit and free from any disease as listed in the Medical Criteria for AFCAT 2020..
- Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru.
- The candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board and procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within one day of completion of Appeal Medical Board.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020
AFCAT 01/2020 exam will be conducted on 22 and 23 February 20202 Candidates who have submitted the form successfully will be called for the AFCAT Examination at the mentioned AFCAT Centres.
All candidates of Ground Duty Technical Branch will appear for AFCAT as well as EKT exam at the center. AFCAT Syllabus 2020 consists of General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.
The exam is conducted for 2 hours and the number of questions asked are 100. The AFCAT exam carries 300 marks in total and there is also a negative marking of 1/3.
The Exam pattern and Marking Scheme for AFCAT 01/2020 is listed below:
|Exam||Subject||Duration||No. of Questions||M. Marks|
|AFCAT||GK, English, Maths, Reasoning, Military Aptitude Test||02 Hours||100||300|
|EKT||Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science and Mechanical||45 min||50||150|
AFCAT 2020 Marking Scheme: Marks and Negative Marking
- 3 marks for every correct answer
- 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer
- no marks for unattempted answers
AFCAT Admit Card 2020: How to Download
After 03 Feb 2020 click “DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD” to download your Admit Card from the website https://afcat.cdac.in and you will also receive admit card on your registered email ID
- E-Admit Card for AFCAT 2020 will be available Online and will be sent to registered email ids also.
- Candidates must have their Username and Password to download admit card from the website.
- No Admit Cards will be sent by post.
Last Minute Instructions for Candidate appearing for AFCAT 01/2020 Exam:
- Must carry AFCAT Admit Card (Color/Grayscale)
- Must carry Aadhar Card
- 2 Passpost size photograph
- A ball point pen (blue/black)
AFCAT 01/2020 Answer Key
AFCAT 2020 answer key will be available on our website on 25th February 2020. Through the AFCAT 01/2020 Answer key 2020 you can calculate the marks for your exam and can ensure your selection.
The candidates who attempt a good number of questions can start preparing for AFCAT SSB Interview.
AFCAT Results 2020: How to Check
AFCAT Results will available on the official website. Here the Step by Step Process to Check your AFCAT Results Online:
- Step 1: Visit the official AFCAT website: afcat.cdac.in
- Step 2: From the Top Bar, go to Candidate Login Button.
- Step 3: Choose AFCAT 01/2020 from the Candidate Login Button.
- Step 4: A new window will open. Input your Registration and Password here.
- Step 5: After login, choose the result option on the left bar.
- Step 6: Your Result will be shown with the next instructions.
Next Step: The Candidates who get selected in the AFCAT Written Exam get called for SSB Interview at the allotted AFSB Centres. Now, the candidates get the chance to select the SSB Centres and the SSB interview dates themselves.
Check here: How to Select Dates and AFSB Centres Online